Monday, December 5, 2016

Real Wedding: Margaret+Phillip

No comments:
 

Margaret, on how the couple met...

"Phil and I first met at a Sunday Funday at Cedar Hotel.  Phil’s pickup line, since his last name is Gerber, was that he was the face of Gerber baby food- I was sold! We spent two and a half wonderful years dating. It’s crazy how fast we fell in love. I feel like it keeps getting stronger and stronger each day."

Margaret, on how she knew Phil was perfect for her...

"Until I met Phil, I'd never known the feeling of being happy simply because I was making someone else happy.  I think he gets the same feeling knowing he makes me the happiest person in the world."

Phil and Margaret, on why they decided to get married in Chicago...

"Growing up, Margaret and her family would travel to Chicago. It was always a dream of hers to have a Grand Ballroom wedding- very classy and old school. We immediately fell in love with the Drake's Gold Coast Ballroom overlooking Lake Michigan and Lakeshore Drive."

Phil and Margaret, on what made their wedding so unique...

"Being of an interfaith relationship, we really put a lot of time into our ceremony.  It was very important to both of us to respect the traditions we were raised with.  Our wedding day was more than a dream come true."

Margaret, on details and decor...

"I remember waiting behind these gorgeous, gold, shimmering curtains that stood three stories tall.  Suddenly, the curtains opened and I saw my Dad standing in the middle of two gigantic flower arrangements that looked like trees. They were covered entirely in flowers that matched our rose gold theme. We had garden roses, peonies, hydrangeas... all in the middle of November!"
"My Dad took my arm and walked me down a beautiful white runner that was scattered with rose petals. Phil and I exchanged our vows under a four post chuppah. Each post was a tree-sized arrangement of flowers and they held together a roof of delicate white strands of fabric." 
"Our ceremony ended with a BANG- we kissed in front of our 260+ witnesses and exited to the song “La Grange”- I think people got the idea that it was time to have some fun!"
"We sat at our sweetheart table, which was tucked under what I can best describe as a flower canopy.  We listened to our loved ones share words of laughter, best wishes, and happiness." 
"The night grew into a huge dance party.  The Gold Coast All Stars lined up the best playlist ever.  I've never had so much fun dancing! The night finished off with an after party and DJ in a separate room."

Featured Vendors

Nakai Photography (pics), The Drake (ceremony&reception), Father Bernie and Rabbi Ari (officiants), Syril Karel (wedding consultant), Nicole Spose (gown designer), Alessandra Rinaudo (bride's train), Pronovias (bride's gloves), Tsubo Salon (bride's hair), Shannon O'Brien (bride's makeup), Jenny Yoo Collection (bridesmaids' dresses), BHLDN (bridesmaids' dresses), Bella Figura (invites), Platinum Events (floral), Cake Chicago (cake), The Drake (catering), Gold Coast All Stars (entertainment), Express Video (videography)

Can't get enough Real Weddings? Check out Ed+Allison's gorgeous floral wedding or Cara+Sean's celebration at The Peninsula. Head over to chicagostyleweddings.com and browse our gallery of Windy City nuptials!

No comments:

Post a Comment