GUEST POST BY BRIANA BOOKER, WRITER AT FROMGIRLTOGIRL.COM
Are you planning for a snowy, winter wedding in Chicago? What should you look for in a wedding dress? From a beautiful column dress to full ballgown, there are plenty of stylish wedding dresses you can wear to beautifully complement your winter wonderland wedding. Yes, the dress of your dreams is out there, waiting for you to wear it down the aisle on one of the most important occasions of your life -- without freezing your tush off.
Here are some tips on how to be fashionable (and warm) for your Chicago winter wedding:
- Wear a crisp wedding dress and add luxurious fur (or faux fur!) to your attire. With a beautiful gown, jacket and fur scarf, you’ll have a gorgeous style any bride can beam about.
- Add a little sparkle to your wedding dress. The winter holiday season is all about sparkle and shine. Get in tune with the holiday season by adding a chic capelet with a some delicate beading or sparkle to it.
- Buy a wedding gown with crystal accents or silver embroidery on the bodice to add a pop of winter glamour. Bonus points for picking something that looks like snow.
- Lace it up. If you are a fan of lace, you cannot go wrong with an off the shoulder lace gown, lace capelet, or lace corset. Two words: classic elegance.
- Bejewel your neck-line on a fit and flare wedding gown for a look that is both classic and chic. Pick a necklace with a pop of red for a holiday-ish flair! Or go with simple crystal that shines like ice.
Bottom-line: The best bridal gowns are elegant in style and refreshing in simplicity.
Wear the dress of your dreams, slip on your Christian Louboutin shoes, glam up with Tiffany & Co. earrings and don’t forget the Prada clutch. Happy wedding dress hunting!
Photo credit via