Food stations may be the hottest trend in catering but with so many themes to choose from, what type of station is the best fit for your event? Gibsons Corporate Chef Randy Waidner of Gibsons Restaurant Group Catering and the Montgomery Club notes that food stations are a fun (and tasty!) way to set the tone of the party.
“Whether you are looking to express a specific theme or there are many guests with a sweet tooth, there is something for everyone,” says Chef Waidner. “Food stations also allow guests to nosh, mix and mingle rather than staying seated for multiple courses.”
Below are Chef Waidner’s top food station choices:
- If your motto is more meat and cheese please, try… a Salumeria Station from Quartino Ristorante & Wine Bar. The charcuterie craze isn’t going anywhere anytime soon so treat guests to an array of rustic Italian classics like spicy soppressata, duck prosciutto, nutty taleggio, and parmigiano reggiano.
- If there’s always room for Asian fusion add…a Chef Sushi Rolling Station. From California and dragon rolls to spicy tuna and salmon, a personal chef will hand roll a selection of sushi and sashimi to order.
- If you prefer sweets with a spike try…Boozy Milkshakes and Spiked Hot Chocolate. Who says you need to stick to martinis? Add a personal touch to your event with a signature cocktail that combines the best of both worlds.
- If your affair could use some fiesta flair add…a Taco Station. Complete with USDA Gibsons Prime Angus marinated steak, roasted pork belly, grilled Amish chicken, and rock shrimp, guests can mix and match their favorite meats with a selection of gourmet taco toppings like pico de gallo and tomatillo salsa.
- If cake just isn’t enough add… an Ice Cream Sundae Bar. This dessert station is the cherry on top to any event. Guests can create their sundae of choice with unique ice cream flavors, hand-crafted sauces, and plenty of classic candy toppings like Butterfinger and M&M’s.
- If your event could use a seafood spin try… a Raw Bar. Add an under-the-sea twist with freshly picked offerings such as oysters on the half shell, jumbo shrimp cocktail, and snow crab claws, accompanied by horseradish, tobassco sauce, cocktail sauce and lemon.
- If you want to end the night with a little more add… a S’mores Station. The Montgomery Club, Gibsons exclusive event space, is home to several fire pits on their outdoor terrace, making late night snacks like homemade s’mores a cinch.
Thanks so much to our friends at Gibsons Restaurant Group Catering and the Montgomery Club! Gibsons Restaurant Group features Hugo's Frog Bar & Fish House, LUXBAR, Quartino and its namesake, Gibsons Bar & Steakhouse. Their newly opened event space in Chicago's River North neighborhood, the Montgomery Club, boasts over 8000 square feet of elegance and flexible dining space for all types of events. The Montgomery Club brings a level of sophistication to their classic cuisine by allowing guests to customize their catering packages from any of the Gibsons Restaurant Group menus. For more information, please visit gibsonssteakhouse.com.