Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Bride of the Week: Natasha Angela Gregorio

No comments:
 


Rith and I had always been in the same social circles, so we were always bumping into one another. One day, back in 2009 he asked to join me in a 6am yoga class after I had checked in on Facebook with all my daily yoga classes. Naturally, knowing that he was the type of guy to go out every weekend, there was no way he was waking up at 6am on a Sunday morning, so I skipped the class and slept in. To my surprise, Rith was there – waiting for me at class. That weekend, at my sister’s housewarming party, there he was again. We had our first kiss that and night and the rest is well, history. 

The next few weeks were a blur, and we began to fall in love. After living together in our first apartment in Roscoe Village and spending another two years in the South Loop, and after the addition of our Puggle, Mason – Rith got down on one knee.

It was a Friday night in early August, I had a long day and was in no mood to go for a hike – which was our usual Friday night activity. Still, we went. At our favorite hiking spot at Independence Grove Forest Preserve, on a bridge above the lake with the sun setting behind him, Rith got down on one knee and asked me to spend the rest of my life with him…with a ring pop. When we first started dating he said the first piece of jewelry I’d receive from him would be a ring pop. And I’m so glad he’s a man of his word.

We picked up my ring that night, which he already picked out earlier that day – and it is stunning. Neither of us is a fan of long engagements. Why wait another year or two to get married when we've already waited four years.


I wanted to elope, and he wanted a big wedding. We compromised on a somewhat small wedding – only the closest friends and family, no church, no seated dinners, no dancing and best of all, my brother-in-law will be marrying us. Ten days after getting engaged we locked down our venue – CafĂ© Ba-Ba-Reeba in Lincoln Park, where we’ll have a 15 minute ceremony involving only personal vows followed by a tapas lunch and open bar -- including sangria! In the following days, I bought my wedding gown and I just cannot wait until to say I do. 


Natasha and Rith are getting married March 15, 2014! Good luck, and we wish all the best for your marriage! 




On #weddingwednesdays, we're featuring one bride's story in her own words! If you're interested in being a Bride of the Week, email kelsey@chicagostyleweddings.com with your love story and a picture! Don't forget to add the subject line "Bride of the Week"!

No comments:

Post a Comment